The general meeting is PRD’s supreme authority.
PRD holds its general meeting for members before the end of April.
General meeting is convened at no less than four weeks’ electronic notice to each member and PRD must receive members’ notice of attendance no later than one week before the annual general meeting. Each member may be represented at general meetings by no more than two persons. Members may be represented at general meetings by internal or external representatives.
Members unable to attend the general meeting may cast their votes electronically. Electronic voting must have been completed no later than one week before the general meeting.
Proxies may be issued to other members in connection with any general meeting. Only proxies issued on a form drafted by PRD will be valid.
The agenda of the general meeting must include the following items, at a minimum:
- Election of chairman of the meeting
- Presentation of the financial statements and operating and financial review for approval
- Presentation of budget for information
- Any amendments of the statutes
- Decision on the general policy for revenue distribution to right holders
- Decision on the general policy for use of non-distributable funds
- Decision on the general investment policy
- Decision on the general policy for deductions from revenue to right holders
- Decision on the use of non-distributable funds
- Approval of the annual transparency report
- Election of board members; see article 10.3
- Election of two alternates for one year terms
- Election of two critical auditors
- Election of the organisation’s auditor
- Any other business
In order to be submitted to the general meeting, members' proposals must have been received by the board no later than on 15 March in the relevant year.
Each member has one vote at general meetings, unless the member's total amount of revenue received from PRD (former CAB, Filmret and Filmkopi) over the previous three calendar years amounted to less than DKK 1,500.
In addition, each member has the following votes depending on the revenue received in the previous calendar year:
DKK 10,000-99,999: One additional vote
DKK 100,000-499,999: Three additional votes
DKK 500,000-1,000,000: Five additional votes
More than DKK 1 million: Ten additional votes
Any member can propose candidates for the board. Eligible for the board are internal and external representatives of holders of producers’ rights. In order to be submitted to the general meeting, proposals for candidates must have been received by the board no later than on 15 March in the relevant year.
The PRD board consists of 12 board members. Nine board members are elected at the general meeting in April, so that five board members are elected in even years and four board members are elected in odd years. Two alternates are elected for one year terms.
The board appoints three additional board members and up to two observers.